Page Compression in Heaps

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Page Compression in Heaps

• Brad, nice question. Need more from you on this topic.

By the by, your blog posts are cool. πŸ™‚

M&M

• Tanks for the question, I learned something today.

/HΓ₯kan Winther
    MCITP:Database Developer 2008
    MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
    MCSE: Data Platform

• nice! thanks!!

[font="Times New Roman"]rfr.ferrari[/font]
    DBA - SQL Server 2008
    MCITP | MCTS

remember is live or suffer twice!
    the period you fastest growing is the most difficult period of your life!
  • Interesting question & explanation. Thanks.

• Heaps are interesting. I've had Microsoft techs say they're coding mainly with clustered indexes in mind so we're likely to see more things like this with heaps.

• Thanks for the question.

I blew it as I thought you were looking for a single answer. A "Check all that apply" would have helped.

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• Thomas Abraham (8/9/2011)

Thanks for the question.

I blew it as I thought you were looking for a single answer. A "Check all that apply" would have helped.

Any time you see checkboxes it means there's more than one answer. When submitting a question you don't have the option of selecting radio button or checkboxes. It's handled behind the scenes based on whether or not multiple correct answers are marked when submitting. I realize anyone who hasn't submitted a question won't know that but just filling you in for times this happens in the future.

• Thanks Mohammed! πŸ˜€

• cfradenburg (8/9/2011)

Any time you see checkboxes it means there's more than one answer. When submitting a question you don't have the option of selecting radio button or checkboxes. It's handled behind the scenes based on whether or not multiple correct answers are marked when submitting. I realize anyone who hasn't submitted a question won't know that but just filling you in for times this happens in the future.

Thanks for the info! I learned 2 things this morning.

BTW, I have submitted a question. It just hasn't come up yet. Looking into asbestos underwear for that day. :w00t:

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• Sorry about that guys,This is my first Published Question, I'll make sure to write in a Check All that Apply next time!

• Thanks for the question! Even though I got it wrong, I learned something.

Matt

• Nice question. Really liked the "Trick Question" part since this was the exact oposite of a trick question.

• SQLBalls (8/9/2011)

Sorry about that guys,This is my first Published Question, I'll make sure to write in a Check All that Apply next time!

You did fine. No need to apologize.

Check boxes only exist when you can have one or more selections. πŸ˜›

😎

• Thanks for the question. It wasn't real clear, but I did learn something today.

http://brittcluff.blogspot.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply