package scheduling problem

• I have a DTS package that transfers data from SQL to Oracle. The package executes successfully from the EM, but it fails on schedule. I have added a log file and it gave me the following error description:

Step Error Source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package

Step Error Description:Class not registered

(Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package (80040154): Class not registered

) (Microsoft OLE DB Service Components (80040154): Class not registered)

Step Error code: 80040154

Step Error Help File:sqldts80.hlp

Step Error Help Context ID:1100

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rushdi

• When you run through Enterprise Manager, the DTS package actually executes on your system. When you schedule the package, it runs through SQL Agent on the SQL Server. Are you seeing any other symptoms on the SQL Server itself. Such as if you go into Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel you are confronted with this huge blank space and when you scroll down only then do you actually see the programs installed?

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• Have you got the oracle client on the server that you are running the job on. If not, it will not work. When you run the job manually, it using the client that you are currently on.

Also check your sql server settings by running dcomcnfg.exe from the command prompt and add the SQL Service account to Default Access Permissions under Default Security tab. I know you need this to create an object in a folder, so you may need it here as well.

------------------------------
    The Users are always right - when I'm not wrong!

• Try calling the package in the Job Step by Name instead of the GUID.  Use the following syntax:

dtsrun /S servername /E /N PackageName /M password

• We are using a different solution to schedule the package using dtsrun utility in the command prompt and scheduling the bat file on windows scheduler. It's working fine so far.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply