Package migration from version 6 to version 3 failed with error 0xC001700A

• Forum,

Im trying to execute and migrate a package which was developed in SQL 2012 on to a SQL 2008 server , i see the version mismatches from the error is there an alternative way to make it working ? . Im planning on having the BIDS installed and rewite the complete SSIS package.

This source server is SQL 2008R2 and  the package was developed on SQL 2012 and executed from this server for years but now migration to respective PROD servers is causing the package to fail. Tried the solutions online but no result same error . If anyone went thru this similar issue how did you resolve it . Can we change the package version on SSIS can you guide me ..

Error: 2020-04-23 16:15:57.80 Code: 0xC001700A Source: Description: The version number in the package is not valid. The version number cannot be greater than current version number. End Error Error: 2020-04-23 16:15:57.80 Code: 0xC0016020 Source: Description: Package migration from version 6 to version 3 failed with error 0xC001700A "The version number in the package is not valid. The version number cannot be greater than current version number.". End Error Error: 2020-04-23 16:15:57.80 Code: 0xC0010018

Thanks in advance

• to go from 2012 to 2008 your only option is to recreate the package from scratch.

you can go higher easily, sometimes without even doing a package upgrade, but not lower

• Thanks Fred, that was my last option but looks like its my only option.

Forgot to add this error message too

This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.

• If a third-party tool is an option, you can consider using our SSIS Productivity Pack. Within the Productivity Pack, our Premium ADO.NET component will allow you to connect to a number of databases including SQL Server in order to migrate or integrate data.

And if at any time you require further assistance, you can reach out to our Support team.

• KingswaySoft wrote:

If a third-party tool is an option, you can consider using our SSIS Productivity Pack. Within the Productivity Pack, our Premium ADO.NET component will allow you to connect to a number of databases including SQL Server in order to migrate or integrate data.

And if at any time you require further assistance, you can reach out to our Support team.

and exactly how can your software allow for a package that is created for SQL 2012 to be converted to SQL 2008?

I know you have good software but I would expect you to post useful information here, not just sales pitch.

• Thanks Fred for your suggestions  and KingswaySoft for the good software info ..

I followed these steps and it worked like a charm but i would not say this would work in all scenarios, but worked for me

1) Right click on our dtsx file and select edit, Open the file in notepad.

2) Look for:

DTS:Name=”PackageFormatVersion”>6

3) Change the number 6 for the version to 3 and save the file.

4) Select the File System File from the SSIS execute utility and you will not get any errors!

6) From the management studio you can import the SSIS with no errors.

Hope this helps if anyone is in a similar situation .

followed this link below

https://blogs.msmvps.com/marafa/2013/05/07/import-ssis-package-error-0xc0010014-when-importing-ssis-package/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply