Package Failes but no the Job

• SSIS package fails. I can see the error on the step if I look at the history of the SQL Job. But the job actually didn't fail. Job as a whole suceeded. We have alert setup so that we get one when the package fails. Any idea whats going on there?

• I mean we get alert when the job fails. Anybody has seen that before? In this case, one of the step in the pkg failed but job succeeded. So, it din't sent out an alert.

• Very difficult to say without much more information, however it sounds like you have multiple steps in your job and the step that calls your package is not set to fail the job on failure but moves onto the next step.

You can check by going into the job > Steps > Double Click on the appropriate step > Advanced

==========================================================================================================================
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe

• MaximumErrorCount was set to 0. Does this have any impact?

• whats the logic in the actual job

eg

STEP_____OnSuccess_____OnFailure

step 1____GoToNext______GoToNext

step 2____GoToNext______GoToNext

step 3____QuitSuccess____QuitFailure

so if the SSIS package is run in step 1, it will continue to step 2 as on failure is set to go to the next step, not fail the job.

• Yes. Thats exactly is. Like I said, MaximumErrorCount is set to 1. Does this have any impact?

• MaxErrorCount is at the SSIS package level, so the SSIS package can only raise 1 error before failing

your saying that the job continues to run after the ssis package fails so what is the logic of all the steps in the job

the attachment shows you the step logic for one of my jobs, please post the same for your job

• Its very similar to what you posted earlier.

STEP_____OnSuccess_____OnFailure

step 1____GoToNext______GoToStep3

step 2____GoToNext______GoToStep3

step 3____Notify Failure____QuitFailure

Step 1 is SSIS. The norm would be once SSIS fails, the job should fail and go to step 3 which is Notify failure but it doesn't. I believe when SSIS communicates back to job (after the error), it actually communicates back with a sucess message.

• Sounds like the Package is possibly not failing - what is the failure message you get when you run the package, or is it just the one task failing and the package continues to run sucessfully?

==========================================================================================================================
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe

• Yes it has serveral task and one task is failing due to date conversion but package contiue to run all other steps.

• Then the package is not failing and your job will continue to complete successfully - you need to set the task to fail the package on failure in the properties pane.

• FailePakcageOnFailure is set to False. But this propoerty cannot be changed.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply