Package Configuration Issue

• Hi,

I have 2 package configurations 1. XML and 2. SQL Server

1. XML - I am adding the Connection String, which will point to the server and database which has SQL Server Package Configurations.

2. SQL Server - In SQL Server Package Configurations, I have several other configurations.

Now when I change the Server Name and Database Name in XML file, it doesn't picks the SQL SERVER Package Configurations which is specified in XML, instead it picks the configurations which were set during design time.

I am not sure, whether I have implemented it wrongly or am I missing something. Can anyone please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Samit Shah

• What order are they in in the configurations window.. If I remember correctly it processes them in that order..

CEWII

• Samit Shah (3/7/2012)

Now when I change the Server Name and Database Name in XML file, it doesn't picks the SQL SERVER Package Configurations which is specified in XML, instead it picks the configurations which were set during design time.

This usually indicates that it can't read the XML configuration file. When you run the package, it will tell you the location that it's looking in for the configuration.

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Business Intelligence Analyst
    Philadelphia, PA

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Order is XML and SQL Server Package Configuration. Also it picks the correct path to load XML file, as when I open the solution, it shows correct path for XML file.

Below is the code of my XML config file.

<?xml version="1.0"?><DTSConfiguration><DTSConfigurationHeading><DTSConfigurationFileInfo GeneratedBy="XYZ" GeneratedFromPackageName="Master" GeneratedFromPackageID="{419C4385-90B0-4462-8057-306C4A28F022}" GeneratedDate="3/7/2012 10:30:10 AM"/></DTSConfigurationHeading><Configuration ConfiguredType="Property" Path="\Package.Connections[XML_Configuration].Properties[ConnectionString]" ValueType="String"><ConfiguredValue>Data Source=ServerName;Initial Catalog=DBName;Provider=SQLNCLI10.1;Auto Translate=False;Integrated Security=SSPI;</ConfiguredValue></Configuration></DTSConfiguration>

Kindly let me know,does it looks ok. This is the file generated through wizard.

Thanks and Regards,

Samit Shah

• Hi,

Thanks for the help. I found a solution. Actually, variable that needs to be used for XML configuration was not set correctly. Now it is working fine.

Thanks and Regards,

Samit Shah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply