Package configuration, error when SSIS tries to load unneeded variables

• Hello all,

I'm developing a project that includes seven SSIS packages, and I've created a common configuration file for all these packages. One of these packages must access one extra database - Mails - and I saved the ConnectionString to the config file with other specific values - the variable MailFrom -.

The problem arises when I open another package, then I received some errors in the ErrorList Window:

Error1Error loading anotherPackage.dtsx: The connection "Mails" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.

Warning2Warning loading anotherPackage.dtsx: Cannot resolve a package path to an object in the package ".Connections[Mails].Properties[ConnectionString]". Verify that the package path is valid.

Warning3Warning loading anotherPackage.dtsx: The package path referenced an object that cannot be found: "\Package.Connections[Mails].Properties[ConnectionString]".

Warning4Warning loading anotherPackage.dtsx: The package path referenced an object that cannot be found: "\Package.Variables[User::MailFrom].Properties[Value]". This occurs when an attempt is made to resolve a package path to an object that cannot be found.

In despite of these errors I can execute this another package. It generates some error and warning messages when loading configurations but it executes correctly, so my problem locks basically aesthetic.

Do you know how skip these errors?. Is there some way to instruct SQL Server to don't throw these errors/warnings?

Many thanks in advance,

Francesc Fernandez

• Hello again,

a colleague suggested me a workaround. I can use a generic configuration file for all the project packages, and then add a specific config file for access to specific databases and variables; all packages use the main config file and the package with specific needs will concatenate the second config file.

Regards,

Francesc Fernandez

• If you set the package variable SuppressConfigurationWarnings to False, you can use one configuration file for all packages.

Phil R.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply