so using SSIS (Visual Studio 2015) and running a single package from the IDE. Now there is no event logging etc. The message come up at the bottom of the screen to say its completed. Everything looks complete. I open up the data flow task and strange things appear. As in the picture below the data flow appears to have not completed. It looks like 72,468 out of the 85,888 rows have completed. I have checked my processing metadata table and that has recorded that 72,468 records have been passed through the datapipe. I checked the target table and that contains 72,468 records from that load.
So where did the missing data go and why did the package think its finished?
- there are no event handlers
- I am sure there are 75,000+ records in the source so believe the source
- RC_Staging is just a row counter so will only finish when all of the rows have passed through so why do the subsequent tasks complete
- DERC FeedLogID has received 83,204 rows so why has the row count been logged at 72,468?
- Although this has tasks past this Data Flow task they are also set to 'on success' so should not fire.
This is driving me nuts so many thanks in advance