Overcoming Proposal Objections

• eric.notheisen (12/8/2014)

I went back into programming in 1995 to avoid office politics.

Good luck with that...difficult to find positions that have near zero office politics but they do exist. For a time.

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• Gary Varga (12/8/2014)

eric.notheisen (12/8/2014)

I went back into programming in 1995 to avoid office politics.

Good luck with that...difficult to find positions that have near zero office politics but they do exist. For a time.

As a programmer, one has the luxery of being surrounded by fellow coworkers who openly disdain office politics. It's the BI folks who have to walk the fine line of political correctness every day.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• OCTom (12/5/2014)

OCTom (12/5/2014)

Doctor Who 2 (12/5/2014)

Two questions: First, what is "SWAG estimates"? I've never heard that term.

Second, when you suggest writing a proposal do you mean to write it and print it out, and then hand it in?

SWAG: Scientific Wild *** Guess

Tom

The A$$ got blotted out.

SWAG: Scientific Wild Arse Guess

Tom

Ah, OK thank you, Tom.

Rod

• Where we fail in communicating is in a lack of understanding of the business’ goals and objectives and how we can integrate our solutions into those goals and objectives.

Often the opposite is true. To put it as politely as I might, IT people - particularly those with experience in business analysis - may have a better understanding of the business than the people inhabiting the corner suites.

• Basically don't make a proposal without doing your homework first.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply