Out Of Memory Exception

• Hi All,

Application users are getting following error very often and developers think that its SQL server error. But no errors reported in windows or sql error log either so I can’t prove that it’s a sql server error.

DataEnrichmentMatching: Failed for abcdefgh due to: SOAPEXCEPTION: Unexpected problem - please raise a fault: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.

Any help will be much appreciated :0

Thanks

• That is a .net error. SQL Server is not written in .net, hence it's not a SQL Server error.

It's an application error.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Thanks Gail.

Client is advising me to increase buffer size but I fail to understand what buffer size to increase when I don’t see any error message in SQL server.

And they have advised that for buffer overflow error in Oracle we can increase the buffer size .Is there anything similar in SQL server?

Example :

DBMS_OUTPUT has different default buffer sizes, depending on your Oracle version. For your system, the limit is 5000 bytes.

You can increase the buffer up to 2,000,000 using the following PL/SQL statement:

DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE(2000000);

The SQL*Plus statement to achieve the same result is:

set serveroutput on size 2000000

• I will repeat myself...

That is a .net error. SQL Server is not written in .net, hence it's not a SQL Server error.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply