Out of memory (error code)

• hi

I have a problem. I have created a report which shows the data from table in SQL Server (just a "select * from

where catid in (..)).

There is a parameter where I can choose if it should show MAIN categories, OTHER categories or ALL categories - and depend on choose - the list of catid is shorter or longer.

It works fine when I choose MAIN or OTHER categories. But when I choose ALL - after some time I receive an error - out of memory.

Result of this select (for all categories) is quite big - 25k records, but it should just be shown - there are no calculations in the report.

What is more strange - this worked a month ago for me and other people, but a week ago in stopped working on my collegue's computer, but still worked on mine. Today it stopped working also on mine.

I tried to restart (local machines, SQL server) - nothing helped.

Do you have any idea why it happened like that and how to fix it?

Regards

Chris

• Honestly, sounds like your query is using too much memory. You either need to tune it so that it performs better (and there really isn't a way to tune BRING ME EVERYTHING other than with hardware), or you need to spend money on getting more memory.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• What is the error message and is it on the SQL Server side or the SSRS side?

😎

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply