Ostress question

• I have been poking around with OStress and the RML tools this weekend and seem to be having issues getting it to replay the trace with realistic timings. I set up my trace and manually run 4 queries (pausing a few seconds between each) and then convert to .RML via ReadTrace.EXE. When I then replay the trace with ostress and monitor via profiler there is no delay between the 4 queries.

I've tried running them from seperate connections as well as from the same. I have also verified that the batch times are recorded and displayed correctly when Reporter opens after ReadTrace.

I've searched the web quick and read through the help manual and -Txx options but didn't see anything. It would be nice to be able to replay realistic traces.

Has anyone ever ran into this when they first started looking at the RML tools?

EDIT: I am using -T89 to enable exact sequencing mode, but there is no difference in the results

• It looks like a no for this then?

Perhaps a slightly different question then: What do you use to replay a load with realistic timings against a database? Are there better tools?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply