Order of Execution

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Order of Execution

• Thanks for the easy point.. I think the first and last options given are same..

• Good question, but very easy options πŸ™‚

~ Lokesh Vij

Guidelines for quicker answers on T-SQL question[/url]
    Guidelines for answers on Performance questions

Link to my Blog Post --> www.SQLPathy.com[/url]

Follow me @Twitter

• Good question,but first and last option are the same.

β€œWhen I hear somebody sigh, β€˜Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, β€˜Compared to what?’” - Sydney Harris

• Easy one πŸ™‚

*nitpicking mode on*

The question should ask "logical processing order", as the optimizer can throw things around in order to get better performance, as long as the result is the same as the logical processing order.

*nitpicking mode off*

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Simple question.....

Is any answer verification doing before posting the questions ?

• nice simple question... the answer selection is a bit of a give away though πŸ˜‰

but, good thing to know when trying to optimize queries.

• Having only one option that started with FROM made it very straightforward. Useful to still refresh the memory with the sequence so thanks for the question (and easy point!) πŸ™‚

• SQLPhil (7/24/2012)

Having only one option that started with FROM made it very straightforward. Useful to still refresh the memory with the sequence so thanks for the question (and easy point!) πŸ™‚

+1

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Nice question though I would have prefered more than one option to have started with from as this would have made it more of a test.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Thanks kranthi1.aprdc for the question. I see you are relatively new to the site. So good to see you jumping in with a QotD contribution. As others have suggested, this one might have been a bit too easy, with only one answer that started with "FROM". But, you're pointed in the right direction.

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• Good question. It is good to know because you can use alias in the Order By clause but not the Where clause. The Select, and definition of an alias, is after where by before Order By

More answers starting with From would have been more trickier, I think that gives the answer away.

• At least I was not the only one who noticed the first and third option were the same...

• Thomas Abraham (7/24/2012)

Thanks kranthi1.aprdc for the question. I see you are relatively new to the site. So good to see you jumping in with a QotD contribution. As others have suggested, this one might have been a bit too easy, with only one answer that started with "FROM". But, you're pointed in the right direction.

+1

Everything is awesome!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply