Oracle Source + works in BIDS problem thru agent

• Hi all...

I have been struggling to complete my package from last 3 days.

The issue is I am using Oracle as source and oracle 9i client is installed on my system and SQL serve r database.

In my connection string I have used Microsoft OLE DB for Oracle. My package runs fine on BIDS but it gives error when run thru dtexec or SQL agent and the error is :

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components" Hresult: 0x80040E21 Description: "Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.".

No idea of what to do. I have created a sample Agent where source and destination are SQL server and it works fine.

Protection leve : EncryptAllwithPassword

Updated the connection string in configuration file and the Command line utility in SQL Agent

DECLARE @returncode int

EXEC @returncode = xp_cmdshell 'dtexec /f "D:\Satishtest\sample.dtsx" /config "D:\Satishtest\sample.dtsConfig" /De "p@ssw0rd"'

this is my SQL comand.

Please help me..... its urgent

• Give me some details on the environment.

- 32bit or 64bit?

- The SQL server is the same machine you are running BIDS on?

- What edition of SQL and SSIS are installed?

- Are you using the entire connection string in the config file, or just the server, username, and password properties?

- DtExec does not work, but if you double-click on the dtsx file and run it from the package execution GUI, does it work?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply