Oracle ODBC in Windows Server 2003

• We've been migrating DTSs from a Windows 2000/SQL 2000 box to a Windows 2003/SQL 2000 box and have had trouble moving the connections to Oracle.  We installed first Oracle 9.2 and then Oracle 8.1.7 without any change.  We're able to connect via SQL Plus to each of the databases without problem, so I know everything is fine with my TNSNAMES.ORA file.  When I try to connect via the DTS using the Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle or Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle, I get the message:

"Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider.  Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle."

I tried getting the latest drivers for both Oracle 9.2 and 8.1 without effect.

I downloaded and installed the .NET Managed Provider for Oracle, because the Windows 2003 comes with the .NET framework.

The DTS works on my machine, which has Windows XP Professional, and it works on Windows 2000 machine, so I suspect it has to do either with Windows 2003 or the .NET framework.

Any suggestions?  The knowledgebase wasn't that helpful for this. 

Thanks in advance.

Andre

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• When you're testing the connection, are you logged into the server via the same method/profile/user that installed the Oracle Client tools.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Yes, I am logged in using the same name/password.  I tried to eliminate as many variables as possible.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply