Oracle Linked server Query not returning column data

• Basically I am trying to extract data from an oracle table.

On my local development machine, the SSIS package pull out all data from all columns as expected. When deployed to our development test server, data does not get returned for the last two columns of the table.

1. First off - I connected to the oracle server as the user account and I can see the missing data in the columns - so it' not a permissions issue.

2. I have tried to connect using linked servers on the development server via Oracle OLE DB provider, MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle and also via an ODBC link to the oracle server. All three have the same result on the server - missing data in columns

3. I tracked down the dll files with a nudge in the right direction and the versions are as follows:

Local machine:

MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle - version: 2.81.1132.0 (xpsp.080413-0852)

Microsoft Data Access - ODBC Driver for Oracle: 2.575.1132.0 (xpsp.080413-0852)

Server version:

MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle - version:2.82.3959.0 (srv03_sp2_rtm.070216-1710)

Microsoft Data Access - ODBC Driver for Oracle: 2.576.3959.0 (srv03_sp2_rtm.070216-1710)

Does anyone know of any issues with the drivers that we have installed on the server ?

_____________________________________________________________________________MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (2005)

• Updated previous post to be more concise

_____________________________________________________________________________MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (2005)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply