Operating system error code 5(Access is denied.) when running SSIS package

• Hi,

I have a job step which executes an SSIS package on SQL Server 2016 SP1.  The owner of the job is an SQL login, which has sa role.  The job executes under SQL Agent account.  It fails with this error:
    Cannot bulk load because the file "\\servername\folder1\folder2\folder3\folder4\filename.txt" could not be opened. Operating system error code 5(Access is denied.).".

I've logged under the sql agent service account, and checked that the account has access to the share and can read and change the file.

I've check both the share and folder permissions and they appear to be setup to allow the file access.  There is no proxy setup under "SSIS package execution"

What else it could be?  Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Roust_m - Monday, February 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,

I have a job step which executes an SSIS package on SQL Server 2016 SP1.  The owner of the job is an SQL login, which has sa role.  The job executes under SQL Agent account.  It fails with this error:
    Cannot bulk load because the file "\\servername\folder1\folder2\folder3\folder4\filename.txt" could not be opened. Operating system error code 5(Access is denied.).".

I've logged under the sql agent service account, and checked that the account has access to the share and can read and change the file.

I've check both the share and folder permissions and they appear to be setup to allow the file access.  There is no proxy setup under "SSIS package execution"

What else it could be?  Any ideas?

Thanks.

if the bulk load is being done through t-sql then it is the SQL Instance user that needs access to the folder.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply