One of my Passed Exam of MCSA shows in MCSE, Why?

• Hello,
    I passed MCSA today.
    When I see the requirement for MCSE, among the list, it shows an exam (70-762) to get MCSE.
    This mean i must take another one from the list? or am i already reached MCSE?
    Thanks for your time.
    -Rafi

• Congratulations!
    details, I think, are in order. what exam did you take? go straight to your transcript, you should see it there.

did you take your SECOND exam to get your MCSA, or just the first exam of the pair to get started on the MCSA? 
    70-762 would be the one to complete the MCSA, so I am thinking you took just the 70-761 exam, is that right?

after you have the MCSA, you have your choice of five different exams you could take to get an MCSE,(ie taking 70-464)
    Without knowing what is on your transcript, it is probably just telling you you are a single exam away from also getting your MCSA.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Lowell - Monday, August 7, 2017 10:49 AM

Congratulations!
    details, I think, are in order. what exam did you take? go straight to your transcript, you should see it there.

did you take your SECOND exam to get your MCSA, or just the first exam of the pair to get started on the MCSA? 
    70-762 would be the one to complete the MCSA, so I am thinking you took just the 70-761 exam, is that right?

after you have the MCSA, you have your choice of five different exams you could take to get an MCSE,(ie taking 70-464)
    Without knowing what is on your transcript, it is probably just telling you you are a single exam away from also getting your MCSA.

Thanks Lowell,
    Yes, I am done with 70-761 and 70-762, thus MCSA.
    Now, i have to take any one from the list of MCSE, where i see 70-762 too, that created this confusion.

• Yeah, that is really confusing.
    When I last looked, there were five specific exams for me to take to get the MCSE on that same track;they all seemed to be older 70-400 series exams.
    I took 70-464, since it seemed like the lowest hanging fruit for me.
    looking at it today, it looks like there are more available exams, including the exam we took!

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Hi , Congratulations!
    Do you have some tips for 70-761?

• borispinsky - Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:51 AM

Hi , Congratulations!
    Do you have some tips for 70-761?

I do.....I am studying for it at the moment.

Write lots and lots of TSQL, run it, try to optmise it and then write somemore.

Also, try to answer some of the posts here relating to development.  If you are wrong or there is a better way to accomplish a task there are enough people here (including some MCMs!) that can help get you on the straight and narrow....

And don't use Braindumps.....they will only serve to feed your embarassment when you get a real world task and you don't even know where to start....

And good luck! 🙂

• the labs.
    practicing them multiple times, line by line.
    every one of them.

I've been teaching a class for our local SQL Server User Group that does nothing but going over the labs, step by step, for the 70-761 exam. we did the same for the 70-461 exam last year.

Everyone seems to agree that watching someone go over the labs, with explanations on what the lab is trying to demonstrate helps a lot.
    Going over the book and reading adds to background knowledge, but it's the actual practice that will get you ready.

Lowell

• Thanks a lot!

• Lowell - Monday, August 7, 2017 1:05 PM

Yeah, that is really confusing.
    When I last looked, there were five specific exams for me to take to get the MCSE on that same track;they all seemed to be older 70-400 series exams.
    looking at it today, it looks like there are more available exams, including the exam we took!

Lowell,
    After our discussion, i booked the exam 70-464, which is due in couple of weeks, to gain MCSE. But surprisingly my mcp portal suggested this certification planner below.
    https://mycertificationplanner.one.microsoft.com/CertificateDetails/CertificateDetail/2947?achievementYear=2017

But, my 70-464 booking was based on this, which you too sent
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcse-data-management-analytics.aspx

Both links are contradictory. 
    The first one needs a) MCSA in DataScience  and b) doesnt talk about MCSA Datascience.

And because i did 70-762 already, which is one of the prerequisite of 1 out of 10 exam requirements, it shows as "Completed" in my dashboart, and so, taking another exam 70-464 will not push forward in my path.
    Again Confused.
    - Rafi

• SqlServerPass - Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:01 AM

Lowell - Monday, August 7, 2017 1:05 PM

Yeah, that is really confusing.

Lowell,
    After our discussion, i booked the exam 70-464, which is due in couple of weeks, to gain MCSE. But surprisingly my mcp portal suggested this certification planner below.
    https://mycertificationplanner.one.microsoft.com/CertificateDetails/CertificateDetail/2947?achievementYear=2017

But, my 70-464 booking was based on this, which you too sent
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcse-data-management-analytics.aspx

Both links are contradictory. 
    The first one needs a) MCSA in DataScience  and b) doesnt talk about MCSA Datascience.

And because i did 70-762 already, which is one of the prerequisite of 1 out of 10 exam requirements, it shows as "Completed" in my dashboart, and so, taking another exam 70-464 will not push forward in my path.
    Again Confused.
    - Rafi

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply