OLE DB Source > Re-directing error rows

• Hi All,

I am re-directing error rows from an OLE DB Destination to a Raw file destination. Is there anyway to re-direct error rows but still fail the package?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris

• You could do this using a script task. If you include a Row Count Transformation in your error output, and use it to count the rows sent to that output. Then, create a script task to check to see if that row count variable is a nonzero value, and force the package to fail within the script.

I've attached a sample package that will demonstrate how you could accomplish this.

hth,

Tim

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• Hi Tim,

Many thanks, this sounds exactly the sort of solution I require.

I have tried to Open your example package, however I get an error 'CPackage:LoadFromXMLfails'.

Could you possibly re-send? I am using SSIS 2005 if that could be causing an issue?

Many thanks.

Chris

• An alternative to check the Row Count in a script is to use a precedence constraint. For Evaluation operation use Expression and check for RowCount > 0.

The precedence constraint is followed by a task that generates an error (e.g. script with Dts.TaskResult = ScriptResults.Failure or an Execute SQL Task like select 1/0).

Regards,

Willem
    http://wschampheleer.wordpress.com[/url]

• Chris,

Yes, it's probably a version difference - my dev system is SQL Server 2008. Do you have access to a SQL Server 2008 installation? If not, I can send you a couple of screenshots that should help you get started.

Tim

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• Tim,

I am working with SSIS 2005 and don't have access to 2008 yet. If possible could you send me a few screen shots?

Many thanks.

Chris

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply