OLE DB Data Flow Source choking Oracle-11g

• I have a set of SSIS packages which pull data from Oracle 10 into SQL Server 2005, working fine. Oracle is being upgraded to 11 soon, and the packages fail on our test system. The OLE DB connection tests successful. I've tried OLE DB providers from Microsoft, Oracle (11g), and ATTUNITY with similar results. When I edit my SSIS OLE DB Data Flow Source to display a list of tables the query sent from SSIS to Oracle is trying to pull 200,000 objects, and both ends are choking.

How can I edit or control the query produced by SSIS to limit the Oracle metadata selected?

Thank you for any assistance.

Alan

• Please don't cross post. It just wastes peoples time and fragments replies.

No replies to this thread please. Direct replies to: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic852243-1042-1.aspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • The problem directly addresses two different technologies - SSIS and Oracle. I cross-posted in hopes of getting help from someone who has solved this from either perspective.

• I know, but crossposting is frowned on here and on just about every other forum there is. Best bet it to find one forum that best reflects your need and post there

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply