OLAP SSAS

• Hello,

I am new with OLAP

I have almost followed all steps to create cube in BI.

But when i click on process button i got the following error.

The project could not be deployed to the 'localhost' server because of the following connectivity problems : A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. To verify or update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the server.

I think this error occurs because ssas is not configured in my system. (i have checked it under configuration tab in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2).

Can anyone guide me i am correct with this or not and also please do let me know how can i upgrade my sql server 2008 r2 for ssas?

Thanks.

• Sounds like you need to install Analysis Server.

I would verify which version - 2008 R2 or 2014, they are different.

And I would also do this in a test environment, not production.

If running SSAS and SQL on the same machine, you will have some additional configuration considerations.

• sparikh (5/19/2014)

Hello,

I am new with OLAP

I have almost followed all steps to create cube in BI.

But when i click on process button i got the following error.

The project could not be deployed to the 'localhost' server because of the following connectivity problems : A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. To verify or update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the server.

I think this error occurs because ssas is not configured in my system. (i have checked it under configuration tab in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2).

Can anyone guide me i am correct with this or not and also please do let me know how can i upgrade my sql server 2008 r2 for ssas?

Thanks.

You need to install Analysis Services, that's for sure.

If you have SQL Server 2008R2, you can use that set-up to install SSAS.

I'm not sure what you mean with upgrading?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Hello,

You need to check two things:

1. Wheter SSAS server is installed or not. for this please open SSMS --> Click on Conect in top left of Object explorer and select "Analysis Service"

If " Analysis Service" option is enabled then it is installed.

2. Check whether Services required for run Analysis services is running or not.

Regards,

Gourav Saxena

Data Warehouse Consultant

GouravSaxena1987@gmal.com

• GouravSaxena1987 (5/21/2014)

Hello,

You need to check two things:

1. Wheter SSAS server is installed or not. for this please open SSMS --> Click on Conect in top left of Object explorer and select "Analysis Service"

If " Analysis Service" option is enabled then it is installed.

2. Check whether Services required for run Analysis services is running or not.

Regards,

Gourav Saxena

Data Warehouse Consultant

GouravSaxena1987@gmal.com

Option 1 does not tell you if Analysis Services is installed or not.

You can perfectly connect with SSMS on a development machine (where SSAS is not installed) to SSAS on another server.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply