olap cubes - tools

• Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a client tool for olap cubes. Do you have any experience with any? Also some prices are welcomed.

Thank you.

• We use Excel. You also have to install the Analysis Services 9.0 OLEDB provider on the client machine to query a SSAS 2005 cube or Analysis Services 8.0 OLEDB provider on the client machine to query a SSAS 2000 cube.

I know it's Microsoft, but the tools is pretty decent for looking at data cubes.

Good Luck!

jim

• Hi

You could possibly have a look at "Proclarity" or "Panorama". These are both good tools.

I have only worked with Proclarity but have heard good things about Panorama.

Cheers

Jacques

• ProClarity is a very good tool for users. It is now owned by Microsoft so it should not be expensive per user.

• Hi Jim,

Where can I get and how to install the Analysis Services 9.0 OLEDB provider on the client machine to query a SSAS 2005 cube?

Thank you.

• I got it and can connect to OLAP server.

Thank you very much for all of you.

• For Future Reference you can find the download for Analysis Services OLEDB provider at the following url:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d09c1d60-a13c-4479-9b91-9e8b9d835cdc&displaylang=en

You'll be looking for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services 9.0 OLE DB Provider, Then choose the download that is appropriate for your environment.

Thanks,

jim

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply