Office 2000 ADO

• Hello everyone, I am hoping someone can help me, I have two PCs, one XP and one 2003 server. Both of them have office 2K. I can not seem to execute "New ADODB.Connection" method on the 2003 server. On XP it works fine. Any suggestions as to what to do? Thanks.

• Hi,

Have you checked your references on the server (from a code window, go to tools/references and look for any missing ones)?  Do you have the correct version of mdac installed on that machine?

Good luck,

• May be my original post was a bit misleading. This is not a server-client scenario. Even though one of the machines is a win 2003 server, both of them are just trying to access the same access DB. As far as MDAC, I thought that I updated it with SQL server patch 4.

• Let me rephrase what you said and you tell me if that is correct?

Rephrased:

You have an Access MDB or ADP file on some share.  Possibly the 2003 server.  When opening that MDB or ADP from the XP machine, it opens and runs the New ADODB.Connection just fine.  However, when you attempt to run this exact same file from the 2003 server, it errors out.

---------

If this is the case, the references are still to the machine running the file, not to the machine hosting the file.  Access runs under the local machine, not the storage machine.

The references are set to a certain file and if that specific machine's Access installation doesn't have the file, the reference will break.  The references on the XP machine may be there, but not on the 2003 server.  You really need to check them explicitly to verify that the 2003 server has the version of ADO on it that you expect.  Go to the XP machine and see which file it has referenced (as directed earlier), then to the server, and see if it has the same file referenced or if it is missing or linked to a different version of ADO. 

Please let me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply