Odd Behavior after Filter/Sort

• Hello All:

I recently implemented a SQL database using an access .adp for a front end.  The adp is on everyone's c drive.  Everything is going fairly smooth, but there is one weird thing going on.....

When a user sorts a field in ascending order and then filters a field by using the filter by selection button.  Once the user has narrowed down their records, they try to change the sorted field the filter drops and the form is re-sorted.  The fun thing is that this doesn't happen for every user.  I originally thought it was a rights issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

I know this all sound crazy and a little hard to follow, but if anyone has exprienced a similar problem or knows a solution.  Please let me know.

Thanks,

Cleech

• Im affraid im not sure of what that reason is, but if you need a stopgap you could always not users filters and directly write a specific sql string with required ORDER BY by hand and update your record source from a line of code....

Are you changing the orderby/orderbyon proppreties and your filter is getting cleared?

How about checking the filter property and resetting it if it changes from the required value?

If its not a simple answer, you could create a small debug table and have the users filter/order/sql source/etc. settings saved each time they do anything and create a backlog of problematic instances and try and track things down.

martin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply