ODBC DSN not found

• ANY RAPID REPLIES APPRECIATED!

Working with SQL Server 2000, Visual Basic 6.0 (with ADO): I've created an application on my notebook (running Win 2K). I've tested it using my local SQL Server (on the notebook), as well as pointing it to the (future) production Server on the network. No problems. (I've tested using Visual Studio and the compiled app).

I deployed the application onto a new PC (running Win XP Pro), and created an ODBC System DSN that matches the one on my notebook. I then attempted to run the application on the new PC. Note that the new PC is on a separate NIC from the main network. I tested the DSN successfully.

When I try to run my app, I get an error of: "Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified".

If I create a copy of the DSN as a User Data Source - the application can find the server.

We really want to make it a System Data Source for production deployment.

Any ideas as to what is going wrong, and/or how to fix it?

Thanks,

Allan

Allan_E_ECC@yahoo.com

Edels@msn.com

• PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER TO RESPOND TO THIS. Apparently, I was food deprived . I transposed two characters. Problem solved.

Thanks anyway.

Allan

• LOL, been there.

When will fingers learn to type whjat you mean, not whjat you typed.

• Note: its recommended to :

1- Install the Connectivity Tools (not the client tool) from the SQL Server CD on Client PCs

2- Install MDAC 2.7 and its SP (on client machines and servers)

this will make your apllication wmore stable

I hope this help u

Alamir Mohamed

Alamir_mohamed@yahoo.com

Alamir Mohamed
    Alamir_mohamed@yahoo.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply