Occurrence Column in SSRS 2014

• deecastle

Valued Member

Hello everyone, I have a question, can this be done in SSRS? The Occurrence column (B) counts for how many times Number column (A) appeared. The formula in Excel is shown in the screenshot and I am trying to get how to apply it in SSRS. Please note that I have a dataset and the values may vary. The given screenshot is just a sample and the values under Number column (A) may change. Please help. Thanks in advance.

• Thom A

SSC Guru

Welcome to SSC
     The image in your post is a deadlink, so I literally have no idea what you're asking here. Don't post code as an image; post it as text (in code markup). Try to explain your goals. Sample data would probably really help here, but at a guess, I doubt you need to do this in SSRS, I imagine it could be achieve with COUNT and an OVER clause.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.

• Thom A

SSC Guru

OK, the image works now. it seems that this would be able to be achieved in the SQL, which would be easier, using COUNT and an OVER Clause. Something like:
    COUNT(Number) OVER (PARTITION BY Number) AS Occurance

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.

• deecastle

Valued Member

Hi Thom,
    Thanks for the warm welcome and for your feedback. I don't have SQL on my machine and I only have Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder which I am trying to design a report to produce the desired output. Is there some codes I can put in under Tex Box Properties in the report builder?

Regards,
    Dee

• Thom A

SSC Guru

So, where is the data coming from if not SQL Server?

Thom~

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply