Occurrence Column in SSRS 2014

• Hello everyone, I have a question, can this be done in SSRS? The Occurrence column (B) counts for how many times Number column (A) appeared. The formula in Excel is shown in the screenshot and I am trying to get how to apply it in SSRS. Please note that I have a dataset and the values may vary. The given screenshot is just a sample and the values under Number column (A) may change. Please help. Thanks in advance.

• Welcome to SSC
     The image in your post is a deadlink, so I literally have no idea what you're asking here. Don't post code as an image; post it as text (in code markup). Try to explain your goals. Sample data would probably really help here, but at a guess, I doubt you need to do this in SSRS, I imagine it could be achieve with COUNT and an OVER clause.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• OK, the image works now. it seems that this would be able to be achieved in the SQL, which would be easier, using COUNT and an OVER Clause. Something like:
    COUNT(Number) OVER (PARTITION BY Number) AS Occurance

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Hi Thom,
    Thanks for the warm welcome and for your feedback. I don't have SQL on my machine and I only have Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder which I am trying to design a report to produce the desired output. Is there some codes I can put in under Tex Box Properties in the report builder?

Regards,
    Dee

• So, where is the data coming from if not SQL Server?

Thom~

Larnu.uk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply