NULL Tests

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item NULL Tests

• small error on it as first 2 options are the same - did pick up one of the 2 set nulls off and got the wrong one

• frederico_fonseca - Sunday, July 29, 2018 1:21 AM

small error on it as first 2 options are the same - did pick up one of the 2 set nulls off and got the wrong one

concur.
    fortunately selected the right one.
    i recon this conversation could get messy....

• πŸ˜€ Nice One πŸ˜€

rkaram

• The answers: 
    A: SET ANSI_NULLS OFF 
    B: SET ANSI_NULLS OFF 
    C: SET ANSI_NULL_DFLT_OFF ON 
    D: SET ANSI_NULL_DFLT_ON ON

A: Same as B
    B: Same as A
    C: This is already the case (I have the default settings for a US English installation already. These are: ANSI_NULL_DFLT_OFF - ON)

small error on it as first 2 options are the same - did pick up one of the 2 set nulls off and got the wrong one

the same here πŸ™‚

Yep, same here!

• Ah, well - Errare humanum est.

• Guessed which of the correct answers was the correct answer and got it correct πŸ™‚

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The more you know, the more you know that you dont know

The same happened to me, I picked the fiesta one (as both were the same) and I got a wrong answer

A. Mauricio Repetto
    ML Engineer

• Same for me for selection the "wrong" right option.

But probably none of the answers is right, or it should have been a combination of options. The thing is that one thing not mentioned, but that is very important here, is the value for the database option ANSI_NULL_DEFAULT. If this is OFF, then the insert query would not even have worked, since the columns would have been created with NOT NULL, because of the default settings as specified of ANSI_NULL_DEFAULT_OFF and ANSI_NULL_DEFAULT_ON. 

In SSMS you might not notice this, because of the fact that the query options by default set ANSI_NULL_DEFAULT_ON to ON.

• Why don't we just do it the correct way for handling nulls:

WHERE nt.myvalue IS NULL

Since the first two choices were the same, I thought neither one of them could be correct.  So I picked between the other two.

Add another to the peanut gallery... I was tempted to select B since A and B are the same but...

• I went with the first, thinking there was a pattern to what the answers were meant to be.
    Looks like that wasn't the case.  :crazy::hehe:

• Picked the 2nd option and got it right...

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply