NotesSQL odbc connection

• I am using the notessql 3.02 driver to transfer data from a notes view into sql.

I have a details field wich is getting truncated to 255 characters on transfer.

I have set the max length of text fields to 2000 on the notessql odbc. and if you let dts create the sql destination table it creates with fields of varchar(2000). I f you preview the source connection the previewed data is not truncated. if you test the tranformation for the details column (wich is a copy column) the data is truncated.

Does anybody know why sql seems to be truncating the data. I am running sp3. I have been through disconnected edit and the connection properties and cannot see any field that will limit text to 256.

Any help apprecieated.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• While I was doing research for my own Notes-to-SQL conversion, (which this is still part of) I found out that this is a bonified limitation with the NotesSQL 3.02 ODBC driver.

Check out this article, you'll find the section detailing the limitations of the Driver about two thirds to the bottom...

Chris Cathers.

• does this limit pose a problem for u?, if so i would be intrested in what method you are going to use? I am trying out xml (dxl) but seem to be having a problem with notes servers been version 5 and the dxl created not very good for importing into sql.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply