Not seeing all databases in Maintenance Plan Wizard

• I'm running SQL Server 2005 version 9.0.3042. I'm trying to create a maintenace plan using the wizard, but when I get to where you can select the databases, it shows all the system databases, but only 2 of the 14 user databases.

If I connect to a different 2005 server that's only running SP1 (2047), I can see all of it's databases. Is this is SP2 issue?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

• Hi

Try installing latest SP2 available on the net. Initial version of SP2 is having lot of problem related to sql jobs. New SP2 will patch all the issues.

Amit

• What type of maintenance plan?  If you are trying to do transaction log backups only those databases that are in Full Recovery mode will show up.

• They are set to Full. I'm not doing tlog backups using the MP Wizard, but this was a good thing to double-check anyhow.

I applied KB934458, but that did not resolve the problem. However, I did some more digging on my server this morning and it appears I have found the solution. I should have posted a little more information initially, so here it is, plus the solution:

I did a side-by-side upgrade of a SQL Server 7.0 server to a new SQL Server 2005 server. I used detach/attach to get the databases over. I investigated the differences of the 2 user databases that the MP Wizard did see. One had come over from a SQL Server 2000 server, and the other I had created on the new 2005 server. I checked the property options of these and the Compatibility Levels were set to 2000 and 2005 respectively. The databases it couldn't see were the ones I had brought over from the 7.0 server and the compatibility level was set as such. Change the compatibility level to SQL Server 2005 and I can see the databases in the MP Wizard.

Right now I'm going to investigate if there's any reason why I would need to keep this set to 7.0.

If I had posted the bit of information on the migration, I'm sure you guys would have pointed me right to this answer.

Thanks for your suggestions and help!

Kevin

• At least my question got you to look at the right screen!  Good information to know for anyone else out there doing an upgrade from 7.0.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply