Not receiving newsletters

• Periodically (I would say about 2 days out of 5) I don't receive the SSC newsletter. This week it has got worse though because I haven't received any at all and I should have had 3 by now.

Does anyone else fail to receive newsletters?

Thanks

Jamie

• I've found they arrive in SPAM sometimes. Atleast in my Yahoo account

• Mine has been really random...sometimes I get it late at night...sometimes not at all

Jo - why don't you just set up a filter?! I have an yahoo account as well and I filter the mail so I can get all the ones from sqlservercentral in a designated folder!!!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• Only when the SPAM filter gets it. And that is random but about 2 times a week.

Terry

• Some of this is due to different advertisements or (yikes!) my editorials. Some filters work on keywords and catch the newsletters depending on content.

We've had some get caught because articlesexternal.asp is referenced and the S-E-X combination is in the word.

Whitelisting the domain seems to work best for getting these through.

• Steve,

i don't have any filters set up so that won't solve my problem.

any ideas why i sometimes don't get newsletters ?

-jamie

p.s. i didn't get one this morning either !!

• If you're using a 'work' email account like I am maybe you can have a quick chat with the email/exchange admin. We've implemented a number of new and diffrent technologies to avoid spam and phishing on an enterprise level. I've found out that sometimes the email/exchange admin just tweaks a setting and all of a sudden I miss newsletters or find different things in my spam folder. Who knows ...

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• But I don't get anythign in my junk/spam folder. The email never reaches me.

By the way, I did eventually get Thursday's newsletter, approx 12 hours after it usually turns up. I'm still waiting for Friday's.

-Jamie

• Actually I am on the same boat as Jamie. I don't receive the emails a regularly as I used to!!

Cheers,

* Noel

• Your spam folder is the last place things will be. GFive youe email/exchange administrator the from address. Depending upon the software in use (email and other) he has places to look where things get filtered out prior to arrival at you indbox. Also, for those lengthy delays, your email/exchange administrator can do the equivalent of a tracert on the email to find out where the delay is.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• I get mine every morning. Look forward to Steve's editorial!

Curtis

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply