Not getting daily newsletter and weekly summary through email

• Hi,

I noticed that for the past 3 weeks I have not been getting the daily newsletter and weekly database report in my inbox. I have not changed my subscription settings.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, who should I contact to resolve it?

Thanks,

Daniel.

• The newsletters are still going out. We do find at times that people's filters get updated and that the newsletter gets caught at times.

If you're sure that's not the case, contact the webmaster (webmaster@sqlservercentral.com) with your email address and details.

• I have routinely had problems with the same issue. Specifically, I was getting getting email issues at my work address but none at my home address. Then, quite suddenly my work subscriptions stopped as well (most likely due to a new exchange server that must have had some additionally filtering imposed). I had complained of this and got the work address problem resolved. However, even though we successfully passed test messages to my work and home address from SQLServerCentral, I still am not getting receiving any newsletter at my home address. And, I have confirmed my home ISP does not apply any filters whatsoever (to my dismay, as I consistently receive 500 - 1000 spam mails per day that get caught by my Thunderbird junk handler).

Ron K.

"Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand." -- Martin Fowler

• Ron, send the home address to me via PM and I'll look into it. Having some strange issues with the email process at times, usually Blacklist related, but it could be something else.

• Could you take a look see if you have any comebacks from my email also please? I'm not getting the newsletters but I do get the forum reply notifications. The mail admins say they're not blocking, but I'm not sure I believe them

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply