Not enough storage is available to process this command

• Dear All,

I have been receiving the following error message "Not enough storage is available to process this command", although the error message indicates that it is a storage issue, it doesn't seem to be, would you please let me know what the possible cause is?

Thank you in advance!

• tt-615680 - Tuesday, March 12, 2019 7:46 AM

Dear All,

I have been receiving the following error message "Not enough storage is available to process this command", although the error message indicates that it is a storage issue, it doesn't seem to be, would you please let me know what the possible cause is?

Thank you in advance!

Can you share some more details please?
    😎

• Pasting the error into google yields this as the first hit: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/106167/error-message-not-enough-server-storage-is-available-to-process-this-c
    It seems to be a Windows error, not SQL.

• Eirikur Eiriksson - Wednesday, March 13, 2019 6:17 AM

tt-615680 - Tuesday, March 12, 2019 7:46 AM

Dear All,

Thank you in advance!

😎

Thank you for your reply! The problem occurs when trying to open programs on the server e.g. SSMS, Event Viewer etc.

• tt-615680 - Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:22 AM

Eirikur Eiriksson - Wednesday, March 13, 2019 6:17 AM

tt-615680 - Tuesday, March 12, 2019 7:46 AM

Dear All,

Thank you in advance!

😎

Thank you for your reply! The problem occurs when trying to open programs on the server e.g. SSMS, Event Viewer etc.

So you are accessing the server via RDP?
    😎

• You might also want to check your MAX RAM configuration for SQL Server, and be sure you didn't use all RAM on the box, because otherwise the operating system won't have enough to function.

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

• sgmunson - Thursday, March 14, 2019 1:33 PM

You might also want to check your MAX RAM configuration for SQL Server, and be sure you didn't use all RAM on the box, because otherwise the operating system won't have enough to function.

Yup. I've always seen this be due to low memory issues. Could be other things but that's what I've seen.

Sue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply