Not enough storage is available to process this command

• tt-615680

SSCertifiable

Dear All,

I have been receiving the following error message "Not enough storage is available to process this command", although the error message indicates that it is a storage issue, it doesn't seem to be, would you please let me know what the possible cause is?

Thank you in advance!

• Eirikur Eiriksson

SSC Guru

tt-615680 - Tuesday, March 12, 2019 7:46 AM

Dear All,

I have been receiving the following error message "Not enough storage is available to process this command", although the error message indicates that it is a storage issue, it doesn't seem to be, would you please let me know what the possible cause is?

Thank you in advance!

Can you share some more details please?
    😎

• doug.brown

SSCertifiable

Pasting the error into google yields this as the first hit: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/106167/error-message-not-enough-server-storage-is-available-to-process-this-c
    It seems to be a Windows error, not SQL.

• tt-615680

SSCertifiable

Eirikur Eiriksson - Wednesday, March 13, 2019 6:17 AM

Dear All,

Thank you in advance!

😎

Thank you for your reply! The problem occurs when trying to open programs on the server e.g. SSMS, Event Viewer etc.

• Eirikur Eiriksson

SSC Guru

tt-615680 - Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:22 AM

Eirikur Eiriksson - Wednesday, March 13, 2019 6:17 AM

Dear All,

Thank you in advance!

😎

Thank you for your reply! The problem occurs when trying to open programs on the server e.g. SSMS, Event Viewer etc.

So you are accessing the server via RDP?
    😎

• sgmunson

SSC Guru

You might also want to check your MAX RAM configuration for SQL Server, and be sure you didn't use all RAM on the box, because otherwise the operating system won't have enough to function.

Steve
    ‌(aka sgmunson)
    ‌:) 🙂 🙂
    Health & Nutrition

• Sue_H

SSC Guru

sgmunson - Thursday, March 14, 2019 1:33 PM

You might also want to check your MAX RAM configuration for SQL Server, and be sure you didn't use all RAM on the box, because otherwise the operating system won't have enough to function.

Yup. I've always seen this be due to low memory issues. Could be other things but that's what I've seen.

Sue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply