Not able to run SSIS package in 64 bit server

• Hi Koen!

You ask a very sensible question! But yes, it is installed and running.

• Jan Eberle (5/3/2011)

MarkThornton (5/3/2011)

< The package was using Attunity Driver. The DBA had to install both 32 bit and 64 bit Attunity Drivers at his end. After that we were able to run the package.>

Where did he install the 64-bit driver? On the Oracle machine, or the SQL Server machine?

I tried installing the 64-bit driver on the SQL Server machine, but merely progressed to getting a different error.

I've installed Oracle Driver 10.2 32Bit and 64Bit and the Attunity connector - all on the sql srv machine.

here's a note out of the attunity help docs:

"On 64-bit platforms, both 64 and 32-bit Oracle clients should be installed if you are using the Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio.

On 64-bit platforms, you need to install the Attunity Oracle 64-bit connector only. The 64-bit connector installs both the X86 (32-bit) and X64 (64-bit) DLLs."

what i forgot...

I am using BIDS with Run64BitRuntime set to False -> 32Bit

some basic questions:

have you installed both oracle clients (32/64)?

with sql plus, can you successfully connect to oracle and select data?

have you tried a new project forced with Run64BitRuntime set to False (using 32bit) and created a simple select using the new attunity oracle source?

does the attunity source connection successfully connect to the db?

if you want to try a connection in SMSS make sure oracle x64 (with oledb drv) is installed and create a 'linked srv' to the oracle db and use the 'openquery()' statement

• Dear Jan,

I have found a temporary workaround, which is to run the SSIS package on a 32-bit machine, to pull the data across from Oracle, and then push it across to the production 64-bit machine. Not an ideal solution, but it will allow us to go live next weekend.

Once we have gone live, I will look for a better and permanent solution to this 32-bit/64-bit issue - but for now, I have a lot of other things to be getting on with.

Many thanks to you and all others who have helped.

Best wishes

Mark

• It was the SQL Server machine.

• 1) Just right click the Project in the solution explorer

2) Go to properties

3) Select Debugging in the left panel.

4) In Debug option section : Make Run64Bit Runtime --> False

• bhavika.chauhan (5/10/2011)

1) Just right click the Project in the solution explorer

2) Go to properties

3) Select Debugging in the left panel.

4) In Debug option section : Make Run64Bit Runtime --> False

That will only work for packages running in BIDS itself, not for running packages on the server.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• >> Where did he install the 64-bit driver? On the Oracle machine, or the SQL Server machine?

The Attunity connectors are SSIS specific and the only place they can be installed is on the machine where SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is installed.

>> The DBA had to install both 32 bit and 64 bit Attunity Drivers at his end.

It is worth keeping in mind that a machine running a 64-bit version of Windows is in fact 2-machines in one. The actual machine is a 64-bit machine but it hosts a "virtual" 32-bit machine which is automatically invoked when running 32-bit programs.

If you only run 64-bit programs, then you do not really need to install the 32-bit Attunity driver. However, if you use BIDS (BI Developer Studio) which is 32-bit to develop packages, then you do need the 32-bit drivers.

• I was facing the same problem.. just that its related to excel and ms access instead of oracle. I was not able to run the package in 64 bit environment . I was able to run the package by providing the path of the 32 bit version of DTEXEC utility. This is currently considered as a workaround. Are there 64 bit drivers available for MS office components? or is there any other way out?

[font="Times New Roman"]For better assistance in answering your questions
    Click Here[/url][/font]

• Sriram.RM (7/27/2011)

I was facing the same problem.. just that its related to excel and ms access instead of oracle. I was not able to run the package in 64 bit environment . I was able to run the package by providing the path of the 32 bit version of DTEXEC utility. This is currently considered as a workaround. Are there 64 bit drivers available for MS office components? or is there any other way out?

There is a 64-bit ACE driver for Excel and Access.

But you'll need Office 2010 64-bit to run it (on your development station).

And since BIDS itself is 32-bit, you can't develop SSIS packages using the standard components. (there is a work around by using TSQL's OPENROWSET, but then you wouldn't need SSIS anymore, you can just put everything in a stored procedure)

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply