Not able to run scheduled DTSX in SQL 2005

• I have created .DtsX File and Schedule on SQL 2005 Jobs,

When i tryed to run mannaully its working fine but when i created job in SQL 2005. Its giving an error "Executed as user: LocalServerName\SYSTEM. The package execution failed. The step failed."

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Make sure that the package owner has the ability to run under the correct security and execute the package.  Also, remember that if there is any file system activity going on, the package must be set to run in the context of a user that has the ability to access whatever you are trying to access.  I can't think of anything else at the moment, I'll post again if I do.

Shango

• AS i said, When i execute from MS BUSSINESS ING Devlp Std its worked fine, But i do call from SQL 2K5 Jobs . Its gives me msg .Package and Jon db connection use same Database user.

I do'nt understand why.

• desde el command prompt teclear :

DTExec /f "c:\folderDTS\sample.dtsx"

con esto estariamos corriendo el DTS desde command prompt despues hay que usar el "Shedule Task" de Windows y correr esta instruccion con esto estariamos dandole la vuelta al problema de que no podemos correr un DTS desde el JOB

Saludos y espero les sirva mis comentarios

Atte. Rae Limon Mtz

Mty., N.L. Mex.

• desde el command prompt teclear :

DTExec /f "c:\folderDTS\sample.dtsx"

con esto estariamos corriendo el DTS desde command prompt despues hay que usar el "Shedule Task" de Windows y correr esta instruccion con esto estariamos dandole la vuelta al problema de que no podemos correr un DTS desde el JOB

Saludos y espero les sirva mis comentarios

Atte. Rae Limon Mtz

Mty., N.L. Mex.

• Check the sqlagent service , check if the account that start/stop the service is an Administrator Domain account

I hope this help , its work for me

Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply