Not able to login to SQL 2005 Studio

• Hi,

I have SQL 2005 Management studio in my server. I have disabled the MSSQL Server service for few days. Now, I have started the service and when i am trying to login to the Management Studio with any of the Authentication, it throws the below error.

Please help me.....

Thanks in advance....

Thanks

• and the error is?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• The error is

Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. (mscorlib)

Thanks

• I take it that all the sql services are running, did you disable any thing else?, is there anything mentioned in the windows event logs?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• deepzzzz (10/15/2009)

The error is

Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. (mscorlib)

That looks like something related to SQL CLR!

I am jumping too much ahead (there too many basic things to check for as silverfox mentioned above and as I dont have much clue whats happening in ur environment). Do you think its worth try reinstalling the framework (2.0)?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• In windows log and SQL agent it is not updating anything. I am able to open the studio from another server which has connectivity to the first server.

From analysis i am able to find out that the version is different in assembly and for the latest version of .NET Framework in C:\WINNT folder for System.EnterprisesServices dll . The versions are not matching.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply