Not able to drop Distributed Basic Availability Group

• We have Basic Availability group setup for one of our test environment with 5-6 BAG. One of the database have been removed from BAG and it has been dropped from one node but it has not been dropped from second node. I tried moving that to other node, repair and rebuild but none of the option worked for me. I have attached screenshot for more information.

Critical event: Cluster resource 'Cluster IP Address XXXX' of type 'IP Address' in clustered role 'AG3' failed.

Based on the failure policies for the resource and role, the cluster service may try to bring the resource online on this node or move the group to another node of the cluster and then restart it. Check the resource and group state using Failover Cluster Manager or the Get-ClusterResource.

• remove the database from BAG from both or all nodes and then add again, you can not move a group to a server where there is no database

• I did try removing database from both node then remove the BAG from first node and second node respective. Somehow, BAG has been dropped from first node but not on the second node.

• Did you try this using the GUI or T-SQL on the second node?

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

• Joie Andrew - Wednesday, August 16, 2017 2:12 PM

Did you try this using the GUI or T-SQL on the second node?

Somehow i was able to remove Basic Availability group from both node but it's still exist in Failover cluster.

• do you have permission on cluster, delete the resource or role .. or have sysadmin do it for you.

• It's a little hard from that screenshot to tell if that is the virtual name/IP of the Availability Group or the WSFC itself. Are there any error in the cluster logs?

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply