Not able to create temporal table

• HI friends,

I was trying to create temporal table feature which gets introduced in SQL Server 2016 but I am getting this error while trying to create it;

Cannot enable compression for object 'Department_History'. Only SQL Server Enterprise Edition supports compression

I have installed SQL Server CTP 2.0 on my system.

Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (CTP2.0) - 13.0.200.172 (Intel X86) May 21 2015 11:16:44 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Express Edition on Windows NT 6.2 <X86> (Build 9200: )

Can anybody help me on this?

• kapil_kk (7/18/2015)

HI friends,

I was trying to create temporal table feature which gets introduced in SQL Server 2016 but I am getting this error while trying to create it;

Cannot enable compression for object 'Department_History'. Only SQL Server Enterprise Edition supports compression

Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (CTP2.0) - 13.0.200.172 (Intel X86) May 21 2015 11:16:44 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Express Edition on Windows NT 6.2 <X86> (Build 9200: )

Try adding WITH (DATA_COMPRESSION = NONE) as the temporal tables are page compressed by default and compression is Enterprise / Development version only.

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (7/19/2015)

kapil_kk (7/18/2015)

HI friends,

Try adding WITH (DATA_COMPRESSION = NONE) as the temporal tables are page compressed by default and compression is Enterprise / Development version only.

😎

Tried with this but still getting same error

• Although I haven´t seen anything stating that the temporal tables are Enterprise only feature, it´s certainly starting to look like it is.

😎

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply