• JC (6/30/2009)

I was wonderig what all these databases were:

AdventureWorks_Data.mdf

AdventureWorksDW_Data.mdf

AdventureWorksLT_Data.mdf

1.) Is the general AdventureWorks database

2.) Is the Data-Warehouse of AdventureWorks

3.) Is the lite (less complex) version of AdventureWorks

I don't suppose there are any instructions on how to see them in SQL Server Management Studio

Apparently there is more to installing them besides just running the executable

I just had to execute the setup. It asked me for destination server and automatically attached them to my database server. You can right click the "Databases" node of your server connection in SSMS and select "Attach..." to attach the files manually.

• Hi Florian Reischl

thanks for the info

i do not see mine listed under databases

i will try the Attatch

Jim

• JC (6/30/2009)

Hi Florian Reischl

thanks for the info

i do not see mine listed under databases

i will try the Attatch

Jim

I only got .bak in the software install folder which require filestream enabled before you can restore Adventureworks standard but the AdventureWorks Lite restores without issues because it is not filestream enabled.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Hi Gift Peddie

I got the Northwind Database restored but i do not see where you told me to make modifications to the tables

You stated:

ALTER NText to Nvachar(max) and Image to Vabinary(max)

just right click on the tables and go to modify

and you should change it. And yes it is in compatibility 90 for 2005.

I looked:

I do not see the Modify option for Tables

when I right click on Tables all i see are (new table,filter,reports refresh)

for each table there is no modify either by right clicking on the table

Thanks

jim

• Hi Jim,

I have edited my post and uploaded a cleaned up version of Northwind2005 with all the NText and Image columns changed to Nvarchar(max) and Varbinary(max). My SQL Server 2005 if you right click on each table after new table is Modify you can use that to change the data type in 2008 that is changed to Design it is the same task new name. But in the interim just download a new copy and everything is fixed because I also executed the stored procedures and Views so you are good to go.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Hi Gift Peddie

that is great ! i will check ity out. thanks very much for doing that 🙂

Jim

• JC (7/1/2009)

Hi Gift Peddie

that is great ! i will check ity out. thanks very much for doing that 🙂

Jim

I am glad I could help, I need to clean up the 2008 version and upload that later. I have also edited my original 2008 .bak and changed it with new Northwind with Nvarchar(max) and Varbinary(max).

🙂

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply