Nonrecoverable I/O error occured attempt db backup

• Cortec,

Have you tried restoring one of your "successful" backups to ensure that it is indeed a good backup?

I have had "successful" backups that I was unable to restore in the past. Considering the difficulties you are having, it might be a good idea to test them.

• Any recent hardware change? I had a similar problem when our RAID backplane failed. When it was changed out the controller firmware version with the new backplane was the issue. A failure only occurred when there was significant access to the RAID (which in our case was backups)... Any clues in the application or system logs?

• Unlike many DBAs I am constantly backing up and restoring backups on an almost daily basis. We are constantly shuffling Production down to our Conversion, Development and Test environments. Thanks for the suggestion though. I truely believe that the problem must exist within not releasing resources on the paging pool or page file.

• I last upgraded PERC driver/firmware back in January. That might be something to consider. Nothing in event viewer logs. We are in the process of upgrading disk configuration so I am hopeful that will eliminate problem for the time being.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply