Non-admin user instance access

• Hi everybody, I have a VB 2005 app connecting to SQL Server 2005 Express Edition, and I am unable to connect to my database when logged in to the PC as a regular (non-admin) user. I am getting the error "Login failed for user 'OEM-PC\TestUser'". Admin users work fine, and in the connection string, user instance is set to true. I really don't know where to start on this, but it is required that windows authentication be used, and we will not know all possible users from the start. essentially, we'd like to open the db up for anyone to access it. any tips?

It appears to be a problem with the MDF because the 'master' table is accessible, so the connection is working.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Well, I had to uninstall and reinstall SQL Server EE to get this account to have access. But the permissions get messed up somehow when i am using SSMSEE (Managment Studio). I am now more interested in where permissions are stored when connecting using windows authentication and user instances. The MSDN articles say that permissions are elevated to SysAdmin, but this does not seem to be the case. Even though I can connect after a fresh install, I can not wride/modify anything (read only).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply