No remote connections enabled

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (9/15/2011)

have you checked the SQL Server log on the remote machine. Is it listening on 1433? When SQL starts up, it will let you know where it is listening.

in the sql error logs i see :-

Configuration option 'show advanced options' changed from 1 to 1. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install..

Error: 15457, Severity: 0, State: 1

But then i ran RECONFIGURE in the QA

and again checkend connection, no avail 🙁

How can i check if it lsitening on 1433 ??

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• When I OFF the windows firewall on the machine,

it worked . Now can connect to sql server and through telnet too.

Huh.

Guess the windows firewall icon popped up on that machine and someone put it ON.

We didn't came to know about that change.

Thanks a lot guyz.

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Could be that.. But there is another possibility that you have to look at. You said that TCP port 1433 was green and open, but to connect using SSMS and Enterprise manager (Sql 2000), you have to have UDP port 1434 to be open.

With tcp port 1433, you can connect using Data source through your applications/Website. But to use SSMS you have to have UDP port 1434 open.

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (9/15/2011)

Could be that.. But there is another possibility that you have to look at. You said that TCP port 1433 was green and open, but to connect using SSMS and Enterprise manager (Sql 2000), you have to have UDP port 1434 to be open.

With tcp port 1433, you can connect using Data source through your applications/Website. But to use SSMS you have to have UDP port 1434 open.

I note that, but there is no SSMS in sql 2000, its only enterprise manager and it is working without UDP port open...how come that?

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply