no of days as per the password expiration policy

• Can any one please tell me the default number of days in which the password of the SQL SERVER LOGIN will expire as per the password expiration policy of sql server 2008

• it is based on the local server or domain group policy.

something Microsoft really should address for sql logins imho.....

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd277395.aspx

• IN CASE OF HAVING AN SQL LOGIN IRRESPECTIVE OF THE WINODOWS.cAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME

• yeah, its the same....

so if you have a Domain Policy that says you change your password every 90 days and it must be 8 characters long and have numbers and letters and cannot repeat for 4 times, etc......

the sql login looks at that at uses it also.

now, you might be able to override that with a Local Security policy, but your domain admin would have to allow your system to not be OVERWRITTEN by the Domain Policy.

• You mean to say the local security policy at the windows level applies to the sql login on the MS SQL SERVER 2008. But i am in a clustered environment so these settings should be the same on both of them?

Are we both on the same page ?

• AK1516 (10/26/2010)

You mean to say the local security policy at the windows level applies to the sql login on the MS SQL SERVER 2008.

YES

But i am in a clustered environment so these settings should be the same on both of them?

Yes, they should be the same.

Are we both on the same page ?

I don't know.... 😛

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply