No More NULL

• Steve Jones - Editor (4/1/2010)

I had to disclaim it at the end. Otherwise I suspect that there would be a lot of broken monitors, and maybe a few calls from MS legal as well. Same for the index one.

Glad you liked it. Took a little time to figure out what might be a good joke.

Very good joke. I think I would have taken the risk (insert devil emoticon here).

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Ronald Bruintjes (4/1/2010)

Arjun-501520 (3/31/2010)

Brilliant! you had me there for a second.

The 1/1/1900 was the trigger however. 😛

Being a mainframe (UNISYS) girl, 1/1/1900 was completely logical. UNISYS has a datetime field that is based on that.

Good one. I thought I was done w/April fools jokes after listening to 'April Fools' every minute during the drive to take my 6 year old to school. B.

• That was great!

And we should have known better it being April 1st and all. This would have been a very enjoyable "Candid Camera" segment. It would have been hilarious to have seen the reactions across the globe. I know my heartrate was zooming.

• Steve Jones - Editor (4/1/2010)

I thought the Linux one was old, though perhaps it may be recycled in the future. 😉

Hey, I just heard that SQL 2008R2 will run on the iPad. 😛

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• So here I sit reading the replies.."ha ha you got me" etc. when all of a sudden, what? "...the index one was good one too." That was a joke?

Recall the article about hunter gatherer? Throw out anything you find on the Internet that was keyboarded (as opposed to penned") on 4/1.

What percentage of the content of a technical article gets read? I didn't see that part about "...do not use for any purpose...."

Yeah, I also fell for the "PFC Acevedo, go get me the ID Ten Tango form, pronto!" bit too, 15 years ago. As a Sgt. I paid it forward and had others go find me a "box of grid squares."

Happy Maundy Thursday.

• very good one too .... even rocks the foundations of any RDBMS :w00t:

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• haha good one! Had me going for a minute

Happy Easter too if that's your thing!

• What a great way to start out the day! I could not stop laughing! Put my name in the sucker category also!

This by far is the POST OF THE YEAR!

Joe

• NF Scott Smith (4/1/2010)

Happy Easter too if that's your thing!

Well put, and very thoughtful.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• You actually had me worried for a moment.

I have inherited some tables that use NULL as a 3rd value on Bit fields

Director of Transmogrification Services
  • I have enjoyed all the articles/editorials/forum content today that I think we ought to come up with a SQL fools day. We can make it on October 1st. That way we can have 2 days of satire and fun.:w00t:

Thanks for a brilliant post and a great day!

• Yikes -- you totally had me.

• Even when I was brand new, I never made the mistake of entering the string "null" when I meant to set the field to NULL.

• Mad Myche (4/1/2010)

You actually had me worried for a moment.

I have inherited some tables that use NULL as a 3rd value on Bit fields

I hate when people do that.

• Phillip - Texas (4/1/2010)

So here I sit reading the replies.."ha ha you got me" etc. when all of a sudden, what? "...the index one was good one too." That was a joke?

Recall the article about hunter gatherer? Throw out anything you find on the Internet that was keyboarded (as opposed to penned") on 4/1.

What percentage of the content of a technical article gets read? I didn't see that part about "...do not use for any purpose...."

Yeah, I also fell for the "PFC Acevedo, go get me the ID Ten Tango form, pronto!" bit too, 15 years ago. As a Sgt. I paid it forward and had others go find me a "box of grid squares."

Happy Maundy Thursday.

and if you'd been Navy, as your ship docked, you would have been sent to get fifty yards of shore line.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply