No More MCM

• Dave62 (9/9/2013)

The MCM certification may not be gone forever depending on how this quote from Tim Sneath can be interpreted.

"... Microsoft has decided to take a pause from offering the program, and see if there is a better way to have a new pinnacle certification..."

Source: Microsoft Ends MCM

I guess we'll have to wait and see what "pause" means.

Why wait for Microsoft? Hopefully the community takes the initiative from them and instead offers them a partnership in a future certification process where they are merely partners. They'd probably be happy to see someone else shoulder the risk. Hopefully we don't give them all the rewards though.

• li_ning123 (9/10/2013)

Can anyone please confirm this new update? Is it true we have 90 days now?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/10/microsoft_says_axed_certs_failed_its_software_biz/

The numbers cited in that article are pretty rough, I don't see how anybody can fault Microsoft for cancelling the MCM based on the costs and benefits implied.

• li_ning123 (9/10/2013)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/10/microsoft_says_axed_certs_failed_its_software_biz/

FYI, several things in that article are not what was said. It makes me wonder if they truly have a copy of the meeting as they claim - or if they do, if they even listened it.

About the 90 days - if this turns out to be true, MS Learning will have an official announcement.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• WayneS (9/10/2013)

li_ning123 (9/10/2013)

FYI, several things in that article are not what was said. It makes me wonder if they truly have a copy of the meeting as they claim - or if they do, if they even listened it.

From the article:

Tim Sneath, who heads Microsoft's certification programs, expanded on past explanations for the certifications' withdrawal by explaining they consumed around half of Microsoft Learning Systems' budget but resulted in less than one in a thousand new certifications each year. As such, the certifications were not sustainable.

“When we look at products like Windows, Exchange and SharePoint, those are billion dollar businesses,” Sneath said. “We have less than 200 certified individuals for each product. 200 does not give us the volume to be successful deploying those products to the enterprise.”

These two quotes from the article are what I'm paying attention to.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply