No Files For You

• The question says the company uses SQL 2012 for their on site databases. It doesn't say it uses SQL 2012 exclusively for its on site database. Therefore it could use other version of SQL for their on site databases. I think connection to a SQL 2000 database is quite possible.

• free_mascot (6/17/2014)

Missed today as I went back to my old days SQL 2000 ๐Ÿ™‚

What would be the error message in SQL 2000? If error message is same points should be awarded to this answer too.

Thank you Andy for interesting QOD.

Same here! with 33% of the answers went for SQL 2000.

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Hany Helmy
    SQL Server Database Consultant

• free_mascot (6/17/2014)

Missed today as I went back to my old days SQL 2000 ๐Ÿ™‚

What would be the error message in SQL 2000? If error message is same points should be awarded to this answer too.

Thank you Andy for interesting QOD.

Same here! with 33% of the answers went for SQL 2000.

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Hany Helmy
    SQL Server Database Consultant

• mod: removed dead link

The SQL Guy @ blogspot[/url]

@SeanPearceSQL

About Me[/url]

• Sean Pearce (6/19/2014)

mod: removed dead link

Do you mind if I borrow that?

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    โ€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• Sean Pearce (6/19/2014)

+1

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• BWFC (6/19/2014)

Sean Pearce (6/19/2014)

Do you mind if I borrow that?

I got it from the Interwebs, I have no copyright.

The SQL Guy @ blogspot[/url]

@SeanPearceSQL

About Me[/url]

• Thanks all for trying the question. I'll work on my wording (I always try to!) more. It's crazy hard to get it done in a way that is fun, challenging, but not annoying!

• Andy Warren (6/20/2014)

Thanks all for trying the question. I'll work on my wording (I always try to!) more. It's crazy hard to get it done in a way that is fun, challenging, but not annoying!

Coming late to the party, I know - but in this case, I don't think there is anything wrong with the wording.

After a first quick read I was left with two answers: SQL 2000 or Azure. I then re-read the question. It states clearly that all onsite DBs are SQL2012, so that rules out the SQL2000 answer. It does not in any way imply that there are no off-site databases. So Azure was clearly the correct answer.

All those who think the question somehow implies that all databases are on-site should reread the question.

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• Wrong answer choices.....may be in a single situation it can be in clouid, otherwise, in actual it's wrong!!

Option : 1 seems to be right

Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply