No disks were found on which to perform cluster va??

• Hi, I am getting following errors in my Cluster Validation report when trying to create a Windows Cluster.

I have 2 nodes DB01 and DB02 . Each has 1 public ip, 1 private ip (for heartbeat), 2 private ips for SAN1 and SAN2. The private ip's to SAN are directly connected via Network Adaptor in DB01 and DB02.

Can you please guide on this.

Validate Microsoft MPIO-based disks

Description: Validate that disks that use Microsoft Multipath I/O (MPIO) have been configured correctly.

Start: 9/9/2014 1:57:52 PM.

No disks were found on which to perform cluster validation tests.

Stop: 9/9/2014 1:57:53 PM.

Validate SCSI device Vital Product Data (VPD)

Description: Validate uniqueness of inquiry data (SCSI page 83h VPD descriptors).

Start: 9/9/2014 1:57:53 PM.

Back to Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Validate SCSI-3 Persistent Reservation

Description: Validate that storage supports the SCSI-3 Persistent Reservation commands.

Back to Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Validate Multiple Arbitration

Description: Validate that in a multiple-node arbitration process, only one node obtains control.

Back to Summary

Validate Simultaneous Failover

Description: Validate that disks can fail over simultaneously with data intact.

Validate Simultaneous Failover

Validate Storage Spaces Persistent Reservation

Description: Validate that storage supports the SCSI-3 Persistent Reservation commands needed by Storage Spaces to support clustering.

Validate Network Communication

Description: Validate that servers can communicate, with acceptable latency, on all networks.

Network interfaces DB01.local - PrivateSAN2 and DB02.local - Ethernet 8 are on the same cluster network, yet address 10.0.0.7 is not reachable from 10.0.0.5 using UDP on port 3343.

Network interfaces DB02.local.Org - Ethernet 8 and DB01.local - PrivateSAN2 are on the same cluster network, yet address 10.0.0.5 is not reachable from 10.0.0.7 using UDP on port 3343.

Analyzing connectivity results ...

Multiple communication paths were detected between each pair of nodes.

SSMS Expert

• isnt this the same as this one 😉

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1611752-2799-1.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Thanks for this help actually I didn't find its solution but right now I am very thankful to you now I can solve it

SSMS Expert

• You have or havent solved it, what did you do to solve it??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Hi

one of my friend advised me to move the disks into the SQL cluster group in cluster manager and this help me to regain from it.

SSMS Expert

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply