No catalog entry found for partition ID....

• Paul Randal (8/14/2009)

Ok - this has now been proven to be a bug inside MS, with a simple repro. Alex - let me know if you want to push for a hotfix for this and I'll give you the internal bug number that's been opened that you can use when you call PSS (and some high-level names to add to make sure you get the correct response).

Thanks for your help. I'm away now for a few weeks. I've left all the details (including your message above) with my colleagues, and they may take you up on this offer. Failing that, I'll get onto it upon my return.

Thanks for your help here, it's been great!

Cheers,

Alex.

• Paul Randal (8/14/2009)

Ok - this has now been proven to be a bug inside MS, with a simple repro. Alex - let me know if you want to push for a hotfix for this and I'll give you the internal bug number that's been opened that you can use when you call PSS (and some high-level names to add to make sure you get the correct response).

Thanks for posting about this (and Gail, thanks for pulling me in).

Paul,

That internal bug number would be handy - we're going to go for a hotfix. I've sent you an email - you could reply to that or post the number here, whatever is more convenient for you.

Thanks for your help here,

Alex.

• Hi Alex - one of the Principal Escalation Engineers will be contacting you directly. Thanks

Paul Randal
    CEO, SQLskills.com: Check out SQLskills online training!
    Blog:www.SQLskills.com/blogs/paul Twitter: @PaulRandal
    SQL MVP, Microsoft RD, Contributing Editor of TechNet Magazine
    Author of DBCC CHECKDB/repair (and other Storage Engine) code of SQL Server 2005

• So... What happened with this bug? Has it been fixed? I get the same problem when rebuilding a temp table in a SP.

• henrik.litsne (5/23/2010)

So... What happened with this bug? Has it been fixed? I get the same problem when rebuilding a temp table in a SP.

Microsoft can't be bothered to fix it in 2005 because it's too close to end of life or not important enough or something, but have said that it'll go out in a future sp for 2008 (and presumably 2010 but they didn't mention that).

• OK, thanks.

I solved my problem by creating persistent tables in the SP instead of temporary ones, and then dropping them at the end.

/HL

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply