New to SQL

• @Andy: I have to admit, that book is a good read, I LOVE the humor with which it is written, not to mention the simplicity. Thanks for the suggestion, I started reading it while waiting for my SQL 2008 Developers edition to arrive in the mail.

Apparently they're also working on "inside relational databases: examples with SQL server"

But yes the distinction between "learning databases using system X" and "learning databases" is an important one. I intended to grasp the latter by learning the former, but this way is probably better.

• @like2innovate: Thanks for the reply, glad you like the book. Yes it is surprisingly easy to read especially considering the nature of the subject.

I must admit I'm slightly biased since I'm studying a MSc. under the tutelage of the author Dr Mark Whitehorn.

Sounds like you have an excellent plan using SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition together with the book.

Good luck!

• How lucky! Do relay my high regard for his book to him. And if possible get me some inside info on when he's coming out with "inside relational databases - examples with sql" !

• @like2innovate: Just send you a private message since I'm in danger of going off topic in this thread.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply