New MySQL Engine Supports T-SQL

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item New MySQL Engine Supports T-SQL

• ????????? 😛

• Here is something that is not a joke: Microsoft is working on getting sql server running on Linux by next year.

• This is a really good one.

I wish it is true because MySQL's programming capability is far behind SQL Server T-SQL.

Is the Apr.1 joke becoming our wish list? The classic one of SQL on Linux is coming true soon.

• Frankly t-sql scripting is better than either PL/SQL or whatever MySQL currently offers. I've administered all 3. The flow control in sqlplus or mysql is pretty lacking. All of my scripts had to be written as shell scripts. With SQL Server I can do everything right in t-sql and never have to leave the DB engine.

Nice joke. I almost bought into it until I recalled what day it was.

• Really nice piece. I'll readily admit that I was thoroughly fooled right through the end. And that takes some doing. But I already knew that MySQL supports several different DB engines and an additional one would be just that. To support T-SQL would actually make a lot of sense. Or so I foolishly thought. 😀

• Actually it would make a lot of sense.

• Personally I'm waiting for DB2 on MySQL.

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• Personally I'm waiting for DB2 on MySQL.

That doesn't make as much sense, I think. The DB2 database is already available on nearly every platform.

• kaj (4/1/2016)

Really nice piece. I'll readily admit that I was thoroughly fooled right through the end. And that takes some doing. But I already knew that MySQL supports several different DB engines and an additional one would be just that. To support T-SQL would actually make a lot of sense. Or so I foolishly thought. 😀

🙂

• LOL

• You almost had me on this one until I remembered what day it was. Good one though!

• Nice :)....Jokes aside, would be cool is i can actually execute my t-sql scripts on MySQL.

• Actually there is a fork of MySQL 5.5 that supports ANSI-2011, PL/SQL, and T-SQL 2012. In addition to that, it has distributed scale out capability.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql_hydra

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Eric M Russell (4/4/2016)

Actually there is a fork of MySQL 5.5 that supports ANSI-2011, PL/SQL, and T-SQL 2012. In addition to that, it has distributed scale out capability.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql_hydra

Nice

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply