New Cube Created for Reporting but old Dimension being picked up for Parameter in Dataset

• We had to create a copy of a Cube on our server due to some corruption issues, the new cube was named the same as the old one except that a 2 was added to the end. The SSRS reports that run from the old cube have now been pointed at the new cube however we are now getting errors when we run them. We have had an issue whereby an old Dimension name needed to be changed, not a problem, except for a parameter we have within one of the Datasets. At the moment it is still looking for the old Dimension and I cannot for the life of me find a way to change it to look for the new name. There is an expression for the Parameter which reads like this...

=Code.DateParameter(Parameters!production_prompt.Value)

Any ideas?

• Without considerably more detail, it would be hard to know where to look. However, I'd look at the query behind the dataset in question, and be sure to update any references to the old dimension that may be located there. You might have a secondary dataset that has some influence as well, so you'll have to review the whole report with a magnifying glass and a ready set of tweezers, so to speak. Your parameter may not be directly selecting the dimension, but might well be integrated into a part of the query and it needs to be the query that changes... You might also have a parameter that's selectable from a list, and the query for that list points to the old dimension. Again, I'm kind of SWAG-ing here...

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

• Found the issue, the Code.DateParameter part of the formula for the parameter was looking at a Report Property which had the old name in it, once I updated that the report started to work.

Thanks for your help though.

• clarmatt73 (5/30/2014)

Found the issue, the Code.DateParameter part of the formula for the parameter was looking at a Report Property which had the old name in it, once I updated that the report started to work.

Thanks for your help though.

You're welcome... Glad you were able to make use of the "tweezers"... 😉

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply