Network Fluctuation and procedure cache

• Will network fluctuation clear procedure cache in SQL server? If so is it so in all the versions? I had network failure for few minutes and then the application was very slow.

______________________________________________________________Every Problem has a Solution; Every Solution has a Problem: 🙂

• I don't think so. Why do you think that the procedure cache was the culprit? Do you have any data supporting your suspicion?

If you had network issues that is much more likely to be slowing down the application.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Thanks for your reply. But my doubt still remains. I want to know if the network fails and comes back, is it not equal to a server restart and all the cache will go off the memory?

______________________________________________________________Every Problem has a Solution; Every Solution has a Problem: 🙂

• Absolutely not. Network issues do not trigger anything on the procedure cache.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Thank you Sartori. If you can show some proof it will be great. Please share links if you find'em online.

• It would be the contrary to be proven: it's not a Russell's teapot.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• spaghettidba (6/28/2016)

Absolutely not. Network issues do not trigger anything on the procedure cache.

+1

As long as the instance not restarted, or someone manually clears using DBCC, or if all your Sps recompiled..not likely

You can monitor your memory stats before and after the network fluctuation

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Roshan Joe

Jeff Moden -Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply